A winter storm has caused widespread cancellations of high school and college sports events involving metro-east teams:
* The Southern Illinois University Carbondale Saluki Shootout scheduled for Friday at SIU Arena has been postponed because of weather conditions.
* Lindenwood University canceled all Friday evening events, including sports events.
* Belleville East’s boys basketball team was scheduled to play Marion at 9:30 p.m. The university is hoping to reschedule the shootout.
*The Althoff at Mount Vernon boys basketball game also was postponed and has been rescheduled for Jan. 3.
*Belleville West was scheduled to play Vianney in the third-place game of the Vianney Invitational at 6:30 p.m. Friday, but deteriorating weather conditions prompted District 201 Superintendent Jeff Dosier to prohibit the Maroons from traveling to St. Louis.
* Gibault’s boys basketball game at Pinckneyville on Friday has been postponed. No makeup date has been announced.
* Edwardsville’s home boys basketball game against Collinsville was postponed Friday and has been rescheduled for 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
* The Granite City at O’Fallon boys basketball game Friday has been postponed and rescheduled for 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 17.
* Cahokia’s boys basketball game at Centralia has been postponed and will be rescheduled.
* The Waterloo at Jerseyville boys basketball game has been postponed.
* The Edwardsville at Collinsville girls basketball game scheduled for Thursday has been rescheduled for 6 p.m. Monday.
Athletic directors and coaches who have information on other cancellations or postponements should email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.