CLEVELAND, Ohio — Here is a special National Signing Day rundown of high school sports coverage for Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2014 on cleveland.com, as well as non-football as winter sports continue despite another blast of snow.
Full day of football signing news
National Signing Day is upon us, and Northeast Ohio Media Group reporters have news and notes on recruits from more than 170 schools. See a chart on Division I signees.
– A day-long blog of news, signings and developments, including an all-day live video show at the top and bottom of every hour from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
– Collections of Tweets, photos and updates from the players themselves throughout the day.
– Features on Cleveland Heights and Shaker Heights, two programs that are sending a bumper crop of talent to the Division I college level this season.
– Video of several Shaker Heights players who will sign their Division I letters in studio and then fax them from the Northeast Ohio Media Group office.
– A photo gallery featuring local high school recruits.
Weather permitting, reporters will be on hand at signing ceremonies in Mentor, and at St. Vincent-St. Mary.Videos, as well as the Senate Athletic League ceremony and the festivities at St. Ignatius.
Our non-football coverage includes:
Mother Nature at it again
Get a listing of all postponements for Wednesday in each sport due to weather, along with makeup dates when provided.
Basketball playoff preview show
Our boys and girls basketball playoff preview show takes place Feb. 17 at Harry Buffalo, downtown. Get details on the 30 teams slated to celebrate the start of the postseason with us live!
The weekly girls basketball podcast features coaches and players from from Hathaway Brown and Lakewood.
Get the latest weekly cleveland.com ranking of top area wrestlers in each weight class.
Where we’ll be
Reporters Mark Kern and Stephanie Kuzydym will be at No. 1 Wadsworth as the Grizzlies welcome No. 2 Solon in the marquee matchup of the night.
Recapping Tuesday’s coverage