Do you have a local sporting event to list? The signup list, which runs Saturdays online and Tuesdays in The Grand Rapids Press, is available to announce community sporting events, teams looking for players and schools or teams looking for coaches.
It’s a free service. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Signups” in the subject line. Describe your event in sentence form and make sure to include a phone number that readers can contact, and also an email address, if possible.
Submissions are accepted no more than a month ahead of an event, and are subject to editing. The deadline for entries is 3 p.m. Thursday.
* Dirt Dogs Baseball is looking for 8u, 9u and 14u age groups for 2014 season. Please contact us for tryout information and dates. www.dhwdogs.com, email@example.com or by phone at 616-466-1981.
* The American Youth Basketball TOUR is signing up teams for boys and girls fourth grade through varsity. To register and for information regarding AYBT events can be obtained at www.aybtour.com , by email HollandDirector@biglakegroup.com or by calling John Genung at 616-399-2127.
* The Grand Rapids Track Club Youth Track Program will sponsor a high school and middle school cross country program for students that are either home schooled or attend schools that do not sponsor a cross country team. They will participate in the West Michigan Independent High School Cross Country Conference and local high school Invitationals.
For more information, contact Coach Scully at 453-8600 or 450-8088.
* The Northwest Youth Soccer Association (NWYSA) Program’s fall season signups have begun. Ages 2 through 15, Coed/girls/boys teams and four levels of play. Questions and assistance call 514-0637, email firstname.lastname@example.org and go to website, www.eteamz.com/nwse.
* Grand Rapids Crew Juniors is currently accepting registrations for its juniors program. The Junior Crew Development Academy is geared towards players between the ages of 3 and 7 with priority placed on the advancement of individual technical skills and a passion for the game.
For more information on the program contact Matt Roberts, GRCJ Youth Academy Director, at 616-821-3115 or our website www.grcrewjuniors.org and click on Trainings and Camps.
* The City of Holland Recreation Department will host a softball tournament on Saturday, Sept. 14.
There will be men’s upper and lower divisions and coed divisions. Cost is $180 per team for the double-elimination tournament. Proceeds go to the Sal Perez Youth Scholarship Fund to provide youth in Holland the opportunity to play sports.
Registration deadline is Sept 6th.
Call 616-355-1130 or email email@example.com for more information
* Aquinas College is taking applications for the position of head women’s lacrosse coach. This is a paid, part-time position that reports directly to the athletic department. Strong consideration will be given to candidates from the greater Grand Rapids area. Send application to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Allendale High School has openings for the following positions: Junior varsity boys soccer coach and varsity assistant boys and girls track. All interested candidates must apply using Applitrack.
* Coopersville High School is looking for an assistant football coach (defensive line); assistant volleyball, junior varsity boys basketball, and middle school cross country. Interested candidates may contact Athletic Director Steve Bennink at email@example.com, or call 616-997-3523.
* East Grand Rapids is seeking applications for varsity field hockey position.
Qualified applicants should apply online at www.applitrack.com/kent/onlineapp.
* Grandville High School is looking for a varsity girls lacrosse coach. Contact Brian Parsons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Kelloggsville High School is looking to fill the following positions: Varsity boys soccer, varsity sideline cheer, varsity competitive cheer and freshman volleyball. Contact athletic director Bruce Foster at email@example.com or 485-3481.
* Kenowa Hills High School is looking for a girls varsity basketball coach. Please send a letter of application to Kenowa Hills athletic director Eric Haik at firstname.lastname@example.org. The school is also looking for a defensive back coach for varsity/junior varsity. If interested, contact Scott Van Essen at 616-262-7452 or by email
* Rockford High School has the following coaching vacancies: Boys/girls crew, boys JV lacrosse, girls freshman soccer.
Interested and qualified candidates may contact: email@example.com
* Wayland Union High School has head coaching openings for boys varsity hockey, boys varsity baseball, girls varsity track and boys and girls varsity bowling. Please contact athletic director Kevin Zaschak at firstname.lastname@example.org.