Do you have a local sporting event to list? The signup list, which runs Saturdays online and Tuesdays in The Grand Rapids Press, is available to announce community sporting events, teams looking for players and schools or teams looking for coaches.
It’s a free service. Send to email@example.com and put “Signups” in the subject line. Describe your event in sentence form and make sure to include a phone number that readers can contact, and also an email address, if possible.
Submissions are accepted no more than a month ahead of an event, and are subject to editing. The deadline for entries is 3 p.m. Thursday.
*Backyard Dreams travel baseball and softball team are finalizing roster spots for ages U8 through U15. Call 616-560-8889, email info@BYDball.com or visit the website at www.BYDball.com
Rec Sports will be hosting a 3 on 3 basketball league starting April 28. The Monday night league will be played at Grace Bible College in Wyoming. There are different divisions for different ability levels. Teams play two games each night. Complete information can be found at www.recsportsonline.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 616-532-BALL.
* Adult Basketball Leagues begin the week of May 13 through the Holland Recreation.
Tuesday or Wednesday leagues available. Registration deadline is May 2. More information is at www.hollandrecreation or by calling 616-355-1130
* The Unstoppables basketball league is looking for 7th, 8th and 9th grade boys to join our traveling team. We will be also incorporating NBA style training and traveling to some of the top tourneys in the country. We are also looking more coaches to join our team. For more info go to theunstoppablesbball.com or email email@example.com.
* Michigan Rage AAU Girls AAU Basketball is looking for few girls for the 8th grade 2014 season. Please call either 616-308-7330 or 616-581-4508 for details. Michigan Rage is a Grand Rapids area-based competitive basketball club competing in tournaments throughout Michigan and the Midwest.
* Rec Sports will be hosting beach volleyball leagues for men’s, coed and women’s teams. Leagues begin the week of April 28. Leagues are played at Woody’s in Wyoming and at the Rec Sports Complex near Fifth Third Ball Park. Teams play six games each night. Complete information can be found at www.recsportsonline.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 616-532-BALL.
* Carlton Brewster, former NFL player and high school coach and creator of “WR Secrets” is hosting a Youth Skills Clinic on April 16 at MVP Sports Spot, and a High School Skills Clinic on April 20 at Woodland Sports Plex. Registration is available at website www.wrsecrets.com.
* Rec Sports will be hosting Saturday softball tournaments for men’s teams on April 19 and coed teams on May 3. Tournaments are played at the Rec Sports Complex near Fifth Third Ball Park. There are different divisions for different ability levels. Teams are guaranteed three games and continue playing until they lose twice. The cost is $130 per team. Complete information can be found at www.recsportsonline.com or email email@example.com or call 616-532-BALL.
* Rec Sports will be hosting softball leagues for men’s, coed and women’s teams. Leagues are played at the Rec Sports Complex near Fifth Third Ball Park. There are different divisions for different ability levels. Teams can choose to play 10 games up to 28 games. Men’s and coed leagues are held every night of the week. Teams can sign up by May 5 and still get in the leagues. Complete information can be found at www.recsportsonline.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 616-532-BALL.
* Wyoming Parks and Recreation Department is taking registrations for our Adult Softball leagues. Leagues are offered for coed (M-F) and men’s teams (M-Th). Ten-game leagues cost $465 and 14 game leagues (men’s only) cost $565. All leagues include a single-elimination tournament. Call 616-530-3164 or email email@example.com for more information.
* Rising Stars Soccer Academy is currently accepting registration for its junior’s soccer program through April. The Rising Stars Academy aims to develop youth soccer players between the ages of 6 through 8 with a focus on Coerver based technical training and motor development.
For more information on the program contact Jeff Merritt Rising Stars Academy Director, at 616-889-4993 or www.risingstarssoccer. net.
* Real Grand is looking for two or three U9 or U10 girls for its spring season. Contact the club at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Grand Rapids Crew Juniors is currently accepting registration for its juniors program. The Junior Crew Development Academy is geared towards players between the ages of 3 and 7 with priority placed on the advancement of individual technical skills and a passion for the game.
For more information on the program contact Matt Roberts, GRCJ Youth Academy Director, at 616-821-3115 or our website www.grcrewjuniors.org and click on Trainings and Camps.
* East GR is looking for an varsity hockey coach and a freshman girls basketball coach. Candidates may contact Athletic Director Tim Johnston at email@example.com
* Forest Hills Central is looking for a varsity girls basketball coach. Candidates may contact Athletic Director Clark Udell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-493-8715.
* Wayland Union is seeking a varsity volleyball head coach. Please send resume and references to Ben Osburn at email@example.com.