Do you have a local sporting event to list? The signup list, which runs Saturdays online and Tuesdays in The Grand Rapids Press, is available to announce community sporting events, teams looking for players and schools or teams looking for coaches.
It’s a free service. Send to email@example.com and put “Signups” in the subject line. Describe your event in sentence form and make sure to include a phone number that readers can contact, and also an email address, if possible.
Submissions are accepted no more than a month ahead of an event, and are subject to editing. The deadline for entries is 3 p.m. Thursday.
*Flames Sports Academy Training will be holding U8-13 baseball tryouts for the 2014 season on Aug. 4 and Aug. 11 at Gezon Park in Wyoming, Registration is 2:30 p.m., followed by tryouts from 3-6 p.m. All players should bring equipment and water.
Also, U14-18 tryouts will be Aug. 4 at Hillcrest Park 1309 Lyon St. NE in Grand Rapids. U14-15 registration begins at 10:30 a.m. with tryout from 11 a.m-1 p.m. U16-18 registration begins at 1 p.m. with tryouts from 1:30-3:30pm.
For more information, visit www.grflames.com or call Chad Kryska at (616) 856-6157 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Learn from former major leaguer Brent Gates and local college and high school coaches at the 10th annual Brent Gates Baseball Camp, set for Aug. 5-9 at the Gainey Athletic Complex. All facets of the game will be taught to players ages 6-16 during the camp, which will also feature scrimmage games and a home run derby. For more information and registration, visit brentgatesbaseball.com or call 616-246-5175.
* STARZ Baseball is holding tryouts for our 2014 travel baseball teams on Aug. 11 and Aug 18. The Aug.11 tryouts will be for U15-18 (age cut-off is April 30, 2014), U15-16 from 2-4 p.m. and U17-18 from 4-6 p.m.. The Aug. 18 tryouts will be for U9-14 from 2-4 p.m.
Please register online at www.starzbaseball.com. Call 616-319-1231 or email at email@example.com with any questions. All tryouts will be at Lee High School athletic center.
* The Kyle Visser Big Man Camp will be held from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. July 29-31 at MVP Fieldhouse, 5435 28th St, in Grand Rapids. It is for ages 11-18 and costs $135.
Visser, from Forest Hills Central High School, played at Wake Forest and is a current six-year European pro back from Serbia.
Specific training on improving offense, defense and rebounding around the rim along with nutrition advice, strength and conditioning tips and mental toughness training from a sports psychologist.
More information is available at kylevisser.com.
* The American Youth Basketball TOUR is signing up teams for boys and girls fourth grade through varsity. To register and for information regarding AYBT events ican be obtained at www.aybtour.com , by email HollandDirector@biglakegroup.com or by calling John Genung at 616-399-2127.
*Grandville Bulldog Football offers a Champ Camp for Rocket level players that includes flag football, under the lights, at newly renovated Bulldog Stadium, on July 24.
Contact Grandville Community Education at 616-254-6553 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
* The third annual Forest Hills Northern Sports Golf Outing will be Aug. 19. Shotgun start 12:30 p.m. at Watermark Country Club. Lunch, Golf, Awards and Dinner all to benefit Forest Hills Northern athletics. Register a complete team or sign up individually. Details and signup at www.fhnsports.com. Questions, call the FHN athletic department at 616-493-8600.
* Kids can learn the finer points of hockey from Stanley Cup and Calder Cup champions when the Grand Rapids Griffins Youth Hockey Camp returns to Griff’s IceHouse at Belknap Park from July 29-Aug. 2.
Griffins assistant coach Jim Paek and three pros from West Michigan — the Griffins’ Luke Glendening, Detroit’s Justin Abdelkader and Philadelphia’s Mike Knuble — will be among the instructors helping to hone the hockey skills of nearly 100 kids ages 6-16. For more information and registration, visit http://griffinshockey.com/news/releases/?article_id=2447, call 616-774-4585 ext. 3025, or email email@example.com.
* The Northwest Youth Soccer Association (NWYSA) Program’s fall season signups have begun. Ages 2 through 15, Coed/girls/boys teams and 4 levels of play. Questions and assistance call 514-0637, email firstname.lastname@example.org and go to website, www.eteamz.com/nwse.
* Grand Rapids Crew Juniors is currently accepting registrations for its juniors program. The Junior Crew Development Academy is geared towards players between the ages of 3 and 7 with priority placed on the advancement of individual technical skills and a passion for the game.
For more information on the program contact Matt Roberts, GRCJ Youth Academy Director, at 616-821-3115 or our website www.grcrewjuniors.org and click on Trainings and Camps.
* Ada Parks and Recreation is accepting registration for 2013 Adult Fall Softball Leagues. The leagues are for men’s slow-pitch and coed. The season starts Aug.12. Contact Rob McCormick by email at email@example.com or call 616-676-0520.
* Aquinas College is taking applications for the position of head women’s lacrosse coach. This is a paid, part-time position that reports directly to the athletic department. Strong consideration will be given to candidates from the greater Grand Rapids area. Send application to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Allendale High School has openings for the following positions: junior varsity boys soccer coach and varsity assistant boys and girls track. All interested candidates must apply using Applitrack.
* Coopersville High School is looking for an assistant football coach (defensive line); assistant volleyball, junior varsity boys basketball, and middle school cross country. Interested candidates may contact Athletic Director Steve Bennink at email@example.com, or call 616-997-3523.
* East Grand Rapids is seeking applications for varsity field hockey position.
Qualified applicants should apply online at www.applitrack.com/kent/onlineapp.
* Grandville High School is looking for a varsity girls lacrosse coach. Contact Brian Parsons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Kelloggsville High School is looking to fill the following positions: varsity boys soccer, varsity sideline cheer, varsity competitive cheer and freshman volleyball. Contact athletic director Bruce Foster at email@example.com or 485-3481.
* Kenowa Hills High School is looking for a girls varsity basketball coach. Please send a letter of application to Kenowa Hills athletic director Eric Haik at firstname.lastname@example.org. The school is also looking for a defensive back coach for varsity/junior varsity. If interested, contact Scott Van Essen at 616-262-7452 or by email
* Rockford High School has the following coaching vacancies: boys/girls crew, boys JV lacrosse, girls freshman soccer.
Interested and qualified candidates may contact: email@example.com